Public sector organisations such as local councils should be at the forefront of transgender awareness and inclusion as important representative bodies. Other industries will look to the public sector for guidance on best practice, meaning that it is increasingly important that managers and staff leaders are well trained and prepared for what transgender equality looks like across local and national government work. Good transgender inclusivity will have an impact on the language used in and outside of offices; the way in which public data is stored and protected; support services from human resources teams; and public relationships.
Emma’s experience working for and knowledge of local government enables them to work effectively with public sector clients to adopt a trans-inclusive approach to the way they employ people, develop policies and practices and deliver services.
Emma can deliver half or full day training sessions for public sector staff, tailored to the needs of your authority or staff team. Emma has previously delivered training to Learning Improvement teams; Sports & Recreation centre workers; ward members; Human Resources teams; and libraries staff.
After the training has been completed, you will be better prepared to:
- Understand the legal, medical and person terminology around transgender experiences
- Recognise the importance of transgender people in your working and service environment
- Understand the common problems, barriers and risks that transgender people face in the workplace and wider world
- Apply an understanding of these barriers to your work
- Support staff in their transition at the workplace
- Respond effectively and sensitively to issues raised by staff or service users
- Create organisational policy on transgender inclusion and engagement
Emma’s additional range of public sector consultancy services include:
- Strategic advice on inclusive HR, service delivery and communications
- Project management
- Equality objective setting
- Workshop facilitation
- Complaint and incident reviews
In being proactive and securing high quality transgender training now, you can transform your organisation into a sector leader.