The private sector occupies an extremely influential sphere of influence within wider society. Private sector companies and business help to shape our view of the world, and provide consumers with meaningful opportunities to engage with others. A large number of private sector businesses have direct contact with the public, and are therefore positioned to define good practice when it comes equality and diversity outreach. A lack of awareness, confidence or sensitivity concerning transgender issues can seriously damage the reputation and reach of an organisation, whereas a well-trained staff and leadership team can make your business a positive example in a world that increasingly prioritises diversity.
Emma’s experience working within the third and public sectors has helped them to develop meaningful relationships with private sector industry. These have included businesses ranging from restaurants and clubs all the way through to outdoor adventure instruction. There is no area exempt from either the relevance or importance of transgender awareness.
Emma can deliver half or full day training sessions for private sector staff, tailored to the needs of your organisation or staff team.
After the training has been completed, you will be better prepared to:
- Understand the legal, medical and person terminology around transgender experiences
- Recognise the importance of transgender people in your working and service environment
- Understand the common problems, barriers and risks that transgender people face in the workplace and wider world
- Apply an understanding of these barriers to your work
- Support staff in their transition at the workplace
- Respond effectively and sensitively to issues raised by staff or service users
- Transform your workplace into a trans-inclusive environment
- Create organisational policy on transgender awareness and engagement
Emma can also provide consultancy on:
- Strategic advice on inclusive HR, service delivery and communications
- Project management
- Equality objective setting
- Workshop facilitation
- Complaint and incident reviews