CPD Transgender Awareness Training for Outdoor Adventure Instructors
The UK's First and only cpd recognised Transgender Awareness Course
This course was developed in response to the rapid rise in young people openly identifying as trans and was co-created with The Outdoors People. The Outdoors People is a trusted provider of amazing school camps and Continuing Professional Development.
This course will prepare you for working with, supporting and, keeping safe the diverse range of people we meet in adventure education. It has been specially designed to meet the complex and overlapping needs of the Adventure Education Sector. It is co-delivered by Emma and an experienced outdoor adventure instructor and Director of The Outdoors People, Craig Geddes.
"Loved it; I'm excited knowing that the knowledge from this workshop can help make me a better human being, not just a better outdoors practitioner. Thank you!"
- Legal obligations as coaches and leaders under the Equality Act 2010
- The safety of training, climbing, and deep water immersion while using chest binders (a common practice for trans-masculine and some gender-non-binary individuals)
- Recommendations made by governmental select committees, including the Women and Equalities Committee’s Transgender Equality Inquiry
- How hormone replacement therapy (HRT) affects training and coaching for outdoor activities and sport
- Terminology used to describe gender and sexuality
- Advice on gender segregation in sport
- Gender and sexuality and how they relate to accommodation, tents, and changing facilities
- Participant led questions and discussion
RECOGNISED FOR CPD POINTS BY
The Association of Mountaineering Instructors
The Mountain Training Association
The British Canoe Union
Upcoming Course Dates
SORRY, WE SCHEDULE FEWER COURSES DURING THE BUSIER SUMMER MONTHS AND HAVE NO UPCOMING COURSE DATES.